These simple tricks make staining easier
Stain is the perfect way to transform a wood project. You can change the color to match your style, your taste, and your decor. But stain can also cause issues like uneven, blotchy color. In this video, we’ll show you some simple things you can do to avoid those issues and ensure that your stain comes out looking great.
- Break it all down — Separating project parts and removing hardware simplifies the process.
- Sand the wood for consistent color — Consistent sanding makes a big difference.
- Start with a clean surface — Learn about preparing the wood and using wood filler.
- Test your stain — Avoid color surprises with a stain sample board.
- Prevent blotches, runs, and drips — Learn about the benefits of gel stain.
- Take it one step at a time — It’s important to have a plan when you’re staining.
- Protect your stain with a wood finish — Applying finish is a critical last step.