Can the drill guide blocks from the Pocket-Hole Jig 520 or Pocket-Hole Jig 720/720PRO be used independently?
- We do not recommend using the drill guide blocks for the Pocket-Hole Jig 520 and 720 independently of the jig. The Kreg 300 Series Jig is specifically designed to be used as a standalone jig for small projects and repairs.
How do I adjust the depth collar on my Pocket-Hole Jig 520 or Pocket-Hole Jig 720/720PRO?
- For either the 520 or 720, use the material thickness gauge to find the range of your material. Then adjust the depth collar on the drill bit so the window aligns with the correct setting of 1/2″, 3/4″, or 1 1/2″. On the 720, you can also use the thickness scale built into the jig for other thicknesses. Please refer to owner’s manual for complete detailed instruction.
How do I adjust the drill guide for material thickness for the Pocket-Hole Jig 520 or Pocket-Hole Jig 720/720PRO?
- On the Pocket-Hole Jig 520, use the material thickness gauge to find the thickness range of your material. Then adjust the drill guide block to the thickness setting preset on the jig: 1/2″, 3/4″, or 1 1/2″. You will also need to adjust the depth collar on the drill bit to the corresponding thickness on the drill guide. Please refer to owner’s manual for complete detailed instruction.
- On the Pocket-Hole Jig 720/720PRO, the jig will adjust automatically to the correct position with Automaxx® one-motion clamping. Please do not forget to adjust the depth collar to the material thickness of your workpiece. Please refer to owner’s manual for complete detailed instruction.
What is the difference between the Pocket-Hole Jig 720 & 720PRO?
- The Pocket-Hole Jig 720PRO offers a complete benchtop system that includes the Docking Station, 720 adapter, and a Kreg® Bench Clamp, a $49.99 value.
Is there a Pocket-Hole Jig 520 and a Pocket-Hole Jig 520PRO?
- We only offer a complete starter kit in the Pocket-Hole Jig 520PRO. It includes everything you need to get started building wood projects. The 520PRO comes with a 2″ Face Clamp, Kreg® Pocket-Hole Screws, and a free project plan to help you get familiar with your new jig.
What clamp do you recommend for securing the Pocket-Hole Jig 520PRO and Pocket-Hole Jig 720/720PRO?
- The Pocket-Hole Jig 520PRO and Pocket-Hole Jig 720/720PRO do not require clamping to a surface to use. If wish to clamp the 520 or 720 to a surface, we offer a Docking Station that is compatible with both the 520 and 720 and comes with a Pocket-Hole Jig Clamp. The Pocket-Hole Jig Clamp can also be used to secure the 520 and the 720 without the Bench. The Pocket-Hole Jig Clamp is the only clamp that can be used to secure the jigs to the bench.
Will the Pocket-Hole Jig 520PRO, 720, or 720PRO join material thicker than 1 1/2″?
- 1 1/2″ is the thickest recommended material for the Pocket-Hole Jig 520 and Pocket-Hole Jig 720/720PRO. If 1 1/2″ and thicker material is needed, please use the Kreg Jig HD that offers twice the joining strength over the standard Kreg Pocket-Hole Jig.
What are all the benefits of the Docking Station?
- The Docking Station allows for the ultimate benchtop setup for the 520 and 720 jigs. With foldable wings for storage, the bench dock also allows the wings to detach for long material support with additional storage for screws, drill bits, and the bench clamp. The docking station is the ultimate upgrade for the 520-jig allowing it to snap in for benchtop use and detach for mobile use. The bench dock comes with the 720PRO.
Where do I go to download my free plan that came with my jig?
- To download your free plan, click here.
How do I select the right screw for my project?
- For help selecting the correct screw for your project, visit our Screw Selector page.
What pocket hole jig is best for me?
- To compare all Kreg Pocket-Hole Jigs, click here.
Do I need to use Kreg® Pocket-Hole Screws when joining wood?
- We strongly recommend using Kreg® Pocket-Hole Screws, which are designed specifically for pocket-hole joinery. Kreg Screws include many special features for this application, such as a self-tapping tip that “drills” its own hole, so the screw drives in quickly and easily without splitting the wood and without requiring a pilot hole in the mating workpiece. The head on a Kreg Pocket-Hole Screw is perfectly flat on the underside to mate perfectly with the flat bottom in the pocket hole. When you drive in a Kreg Screw, this flat shape applies force straight toward the screw tip, so it holds the joint tightly together without deforming the pocket, which could split the wood. Kreg Screws are also made in specific lengths to maximize holding power in different material thicknesses, they are made of case-hardened steel to prevent snapping, and they are available in coarse- and fine-thread for optimum holding power. Ordinary woodworking screws and drywall screws aren’t designed for pocket-hole joinery, and are likely to cause splitting or have reduced holding power.
I have a Pocket-Hole Jig K4 or a Pocket-Hole Jig K5. Can I still get accessories and replacement parts?
- Replacement parts and accessories for these older models of Kreg Pocket-Hole Jigs will continue to be supported on the kregtool.com website.
Is the drill guide on the Pocket-Hole Jig 520PRO the same as the drill guide on the Pocket-Hole Jig 720/720PRO?
- The drill guides are different on the 520/720, and are not interchangeable.
Can I use the Custom Pocket-Hole Plug Cutter in the Pocket-Hole Jig 520PRO?
- The Custom Pocket-Hole Plug Cutter is designed for Pocket-Hole Jig 720/720PRO, and cannot be used with the Pocket-Hole Jig 520PRO
Can I screw my KPHJ520 down to my bench?
- There is no provision to “screw” down your jig. It can be clamped down with the accessory KPHA760 Table Clamp or if you have the KPHA750 Docking Station it can be screwed down.
How do is set my drill guide for a 1x (one-by) workpiece?
- Use the material thickness gauge to find the correct settings for your material thickness. If the material measures in the 3/4″ range, use a 1 1/4″ Kreg Pocket-Hole Screw. If the material is thicker, and falls in the “i” range on the gauge, use the 3/4″ setting s on your jig and bit, but switch to a 1 1/2″ screw length.
My vacuum hose does not fit the dust collector
- The dust collector is sized to work with vacuum hoses of 1 1/4″, 1 7/16″ and 2 1/4″ diameters. If you do not have a hose of this diameter, you will need to get an adaptor that coverts from your hose size to one of these sizes.
Will my Pocket-Hole Jig K3, K4, or K5 drill guides work with the Pocket-Hole Jig 520PRO or the Pocket-Hole Jig 720/720PRO?
- The drill guides from previous Kreg Jigs are not interchangeable, and will not fit the Pocket-Hole Jig 520PRO or the Pocket-Hole Jig 720/720PRO.
What type of screws do I need to use with a Micro-Pocket Drill Guide?
- When using the Micro-Pocket Drill Guides for the Pocket-Hole Jig 520PRO or the Pocket-Hole Jig 720/720PRO, you should use Kreg Pan-Head Pocket-Hole Screws.